Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Hey brother, can you spare a nanosecond?

Time is a gift, especially when you consider those who don’t have any more of it. How many times have we heard the tearful plea, “Oh, if I only had one more day, I’d spend it with you…”? Time is more important than money, because money can be replaced. You may need time to replace the money—but no amount of money can replenish even a moment of wasted time.

There is one way that a negative aspect can be attributed to someone who adapts the “time is money” way of life. Think about the person who spends his/her time rushing from work to home to church, to errands and not taking a few quiet moments to actually appreciate simply being? Resting? Recharging? We live in an age of “hurry, quick, do it right now, what are you waiting for?” Every aspect of our life is littered with products and ideas promising to “save you time.” But then, in the very next breath, we try to make you feel like a lazy slug if you choose to use the time you’ve saved on something other than more work.

I have yet to hear or read of someone, on his or her dying bed admitting, “I wish I had spent more time at my job.”

No comments: